Monday, November 24, 2008

Halloween 2008


This is Emma at her school Halloween parade. The kids got to dress-up after lunch and have a parade in the gym, then trick-or-treat from classroom to classroom. The classes had parties after that. Halloween night we went trick-or-treating a little, using a map of families that wanted to participate. But it was tough--the houses were so far apart, it was a lot of walking. Plus, the weather was quite warm (which was strange to be out trick-or-treating in the daylight) and most costumes are not made to accomodate summer weather. But am I complaining? Yes, I am. I just want my kids to have fun memories of Halloween like I do. One good thing...well, good for my waistline...the candy isn't very good and NO chocolate, so I didn't raid the kids bags like I used to do in the U.S.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's funny! It would be kind of weird to trick or treat there. And I would love it if the kids got gross candy for me to stay away from. She looks so cute!

Mother 25 - 8 said...

How I time to sit and read all this I don't know. I just find your blog interesting, so I just do it! And leave the house a wreck.
It was good to catch up and see the kids. Man, I notice time passing when I see them. They're growing so dang fast.
Love you guys!

Our buddies