Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chrissy's Splits



Somehow these 2 pictures don't go together.

I am about 38 weeks pregnant. I'm big, really big, but feeling good. That was until Sunday morning as I stepped out of the shower and did a little stretch to step onto a towel on the floor. My goal was to dry my feet so I wouldn't slip. BACKFIRE! What really happened was that sneaky little towel sent my front foot flying forward! I was stuck and in pain and luckily Jared was close enough to hear me and come to the rescue.

Needless to say I didn't make it to church and my little stunt landed in me in bed. I literally couldn't walk and almost any movement in my lower stomach area caused great pain. Later in the day, the kids had a great idea to push me around in the office chair. I had to steer as we hit walls and furniture trying to get around the house.

Monday morning we headed to the doctor to check on baby boy. He was fine. My slippin' and slidin' only caused damage to me. Babies are so protected in their tummy homes--another testament of how amazingly creative and efficient Our Heavenly Father is.

So now I am on day 4 of my "injury." I am walking around with a limp and a hobble, but able to do some mommy stuff again. Jared thinks I look like an old lady and has had a few laughs at my expense. I warned him that what goes around comes around. So either I'll be stuck in this old lady walk forever and he'll have to deal with it, or he'll fall down next week and get to do the old man walk while I laugh!!!

3 comments:

chloe said...

Oh sad!!! Good luck through the next few days.

Jody said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Jared better stop teasing you or he will have to pick up on some mommy duties! lol poor Chrissy!

J. said...

i just saw your baby name vote. i think you could name him wes, short for west after your gramma. westin, wesly? i guess if you like hyrum, you could name him hyrum west. i know yoy guys are into the family name combined with church names.

Our buddies