Monday, February 11, 2008

Please pass the MATE!


So this picture is going to get all kinds of comments. (So bring it on all of you Word of Wisdom scholars). This is Argentine mate. Jared asked the stake President's wife what the prophet thinks of it. She said, "I haven't ever asked him and I never will!" Most Argentines drink it every morning, hot or cold. They pass it around at parties or meetings (even church meetings). It kind of smells and tastes like herbal tea. So, you decide...I am not an addict, just wanted to try it. Anyway, I don't think I could have got hooked, I was sick for at least 2 days after my one and only try!

7 comments:

Cristina said...

I love it! I have it every morning and I can't imagine not having it in my life!. Add some limes it'll taste even better. I can't imagine drinking during church meetings that's too much.

Emma said...

Aaron loves it. I tried it once, but couldn't stand it.

Fred said...

I like it. I don't think it is against the Word of Wisdom . But I also don't think caffeinated sodas are against the Word of Wisdom.

Mother 25 - 8 said...

I had that stuff on my mission. I thought it tasted like dirt. And I agree with Fred. Pepsi is my all time favorite.

Mother 25 - 8 said...

By the way, I think you look real pretty in that picture.

Unknown said...

Ryan loves that stuff. He went to Brazil and it is the same way there. I have tried it and I think it tastes like grass or dirt and it smells like Rabbit food. But to those that like it, Drink On Mate lovers, Drink On!!

Annalisa said...

are you still in OK? smiles...good to finally catch up with you. smiles, anna geoff linc & hari

Our buddies