Tuesday, May 20, 2008

2 New Babies!



When we decided to move to Argentina, the kids needed a little something to get them excited about the move. Jared decided this little something would be a dog, and Emma was ready to go! Well, 9 months later that dog, turned into 2 dogs! We have a 3 month old female yellow lab (Tina, from Argentina) and a 2 month old male mutt (Mickey, from Mickey Mantel or Mickey Mouse, depends on which family member you ask). They are best buddies and we are doing our best to take care of them and get used to them. Emma is mommy, of course. Annie is mommy too. She learned quickly how to swat them, and does it even when nothing has happened (I guess she finally has someone she can boss around). Dallin and Ginger have taken some time to warm up. At first they were very scared and ran or hid. Now, they will go outside if we go together and will pet them if there is "help" nearby. This has been a big undertaking for me, and day #2 I was ready to send them back. Now it's been a few weeks and I think they'll stick around awhile, but now that I have 6 "kids" I'm crazier than ever!

5 comments:

Cristina said...

you scared me with the email about the news of having 2 new babies!!! you are very brave to get 2 of them. I am sure your kids are enjoying them.

The Barkers said...

christian you have very cute kids i hope all is well with you and the family. I miss the fun time"s back at the colony:o)

Vicki

Melissa said...

I can't believe how big Dallin and Emma have gotten!!!

You ARE brave, 2 dogs. :)

Annalisa said...

puppies are so much fun. we have yet to invest in puppies though. i bet the kids love it.

Jen Fetters said...

I'm glad I found your blog from facebook. I can't believe you have 4 kids and that you guys are living in Argentina! Your kids are so cute and you are brave getting 2 dogs! Keep in touch! Our blog is fettersfam.blogspot.com

Our buddies