Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our giggle for the day


Jared and I showed up EARLY for church--a big no-no! Jared said in the car that when you are early you often get asked to say the prayer! And yes, we walked up to the leader of the meeting, who was greeting people as they entered, and then he asked us to say the opening and closing prayers of the sacrament meeting. We were both quite nervous. Although our Spanish is coming along, we don't ususally pray in Spanish (which we should). So anyway, my sweet Jared said the opening prayer (to give me extra time to think and find the correct words). He did a great job and as he was walking down from the stand...little, almost 2 year old, Annie stood in the church bench and began chanting quite loudly "DAD-DY, DAD-DY, DAD-DY, DAD-DY!" There was a rumble of laughter, even Jared laughed (I can laugh about it now). At the time, all I could do was dive over my other children to try and quiet her--I turned red and probably sunk down in my seat. Oh, wonderful children!

Have a happy week and be like our little Annie and cheer on those you love!

2 comments:

Annalisa said...

adorable. its like singing the opening hymn yesterday. linc knows "called to serve" and between the two verses he blurted "dun dah dun dun" with the organ...we laughed.

J. said...

thanks for sharing that funny story. glad to know my kids aren't the only ones that think up that stuff. thanks for your comments on my blog too. its good to have you back. sorry i missed seeing you in OK. i would have come eat that day if i'd known you would be there too.

Our buddies