Friday, May 15, 2009

Poetry by Dallin

Dallin's 1st grade class had their poetry reading on Thursday morning. It was very sweet and these kids are very creative.


Dallin's teacher says he is a big helper in the class. For example, a few kids were shy to read and so Dallin read with them.

He must have really grown this year, he looks about a head taller than everyone else. (Jared will be proud.)


Here he is with his best buddy, Wim. He is from Chile and has helped make Dallin a real Spanish-speaking-machine!

Dallin is sharing his book of poems with Emma and me.


Here are 2 of his poems:

My Whole Body

My bones are like baseball bats
and my heart is the ball.
My nose is like a volcano
going to explode.
My teeth are like a munching machine.
My brain is like a closet
full of ideas.
My ears are like tornados.
My body is like a building.
My eyes are like an egg
going to hatch.
My eyes are like ping-pong balls
and my arms are the ping-pong rackets.
My hair is like very short grass.

The Red Ball

A long time ago
I had a red ball
That rolled out of
My hands;
Bounced on the ground,
Rolled down the stairs,
Passed Mr. Brad's office,
Tripped someone outside,
Bounced off to recess,
Got kicked in a soccer game,
Made a goal,
Then
Fell in a pond.

A few years later
A little boy found it
And took it home.

No comments:

Our buddies